Saving The World One Case at a Time
Kenneth Foard McCallion a Former DOJ/NY State Prosecutor and still top civil litigation attorney discusses his newest book with another world-class attorney John Uustal, our show host. Listen to some of the behind-the-scenes landmark legal cases of our time. John and Ken compare their sovereign immunity breakdowns.
Saving the World One Case at a Time [July 15, 2022 – HHI Media/Bryant Park Press], which gives readers an inside look into how certain legal cases can change the world for the better. He has worked on many highly-publicized cases throughout his career, including the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the Bhopal India Gas Disaster Case, the Holocaust Claims cases, the World Trade Center attack on September 11, 2001, as well as lesser-known cases fought on behalf of ordinary people who have been deeply wronged.
In this interview, McCallion discuss a wide range of timely topics including:
- The important role of civil litigators in evening the playing field in the legal system
- How the balance of power within the law has shifted over time in favor of the rich and powerful, and what can be done about it
- Insider knowledge into some of the most influential legal cases in modern U.S. history
- Why the American legal system’s ability to give ordinary people access to justice and protect our Constitutional rights and fundamental democratic principles is especially important right now
- How attorneys can build successful careers while also protecting the poor and powerless
Other Ways to Listen